Author and TeacherWindows on The World Complete Wine Course
- Wine Director of Windows on the World from 1976 - 2001
- Author of the Windows on the World Complete Wine Course book. Over 3 million copies sold.
- Founder and instructor of the Windows on the World Wine School, with over 500 students per year. Almost 20,000 students have completed the course to date.
- Culinary Institute of America's Board of Trustees member since 1990.
- Recipient of the James Beard Award for Wine and Spirits Professional of the Year.
- 2009 recipient of Sante's Wine Professional of the Year Award.
- Recipient of the European Wine Council Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Kevin has been featured in The New York Times, People Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, GQ Magazine, and Newsweek.
- Kevin has appeared on the major television networks in the United States including The Early Show on CBS andLive! with Regis and Kelly on ABC.
By combining the Sonoma County Showcase of Wine & Food with the Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction, food and wine lovers can revel in the style and sophistication of the popular Taste of Sonoma event before spending an afternoon unlike any other at the 18th Annual Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction – all in one weekend! It’s an unprecedented partnership of two great events with one goal: Celebrating Sonoma’s incredible bounty of food, wine and fun while raising much needed funds for Sonoma's local charities. Participants experience first-hand the diversity and world-class quality of the region’s artisanal wine and food and distinctive epicurean experiences. Two main events, Taste of Sonoma at MacMurray Ranch on Saturday, September 4 and Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction, presented by Trilogy Glass & Packaging, at Cline Cellars on Sunday, September 5 are the signature attractions. More than 150 wineries and 60 chefs offer their wines and food for sampling at Taste of Sonoma, which also includes wine seminars, chef demonstrations, vineyard experiences and a top chef competition.
The always over-the-top Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction, renowned for its irreverent themes and hilarious winemaker performances, continues the tradition with a California Beach Party theme to raise funds for local charities. Winemaker lunches and dinners on Friday, September 3 and additional dinners on Saturday, September 4 offer a select group of ticket holders a more intimate Sonoma food and wine experience.